View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Say folks, there are a lot of replies about him and his recovery or lack of it, but he didn't post here, and I think we should support this new member with her recovery.

He asked me to help him come up with a lie to call and tell his boss. He balked when I told him he should just call and tell his boss the truth and offer to come in late or to do ground work for a day so his legs can recover.
Last time I looked this forum was about your recovery (not his), and the way I see it is that you did the right thing here. You refused to cover for him, you didn't buy into his story, and you went to work to take care of your own business. That's pretty good recovery from where I sit.

Whether you stay or leave a man like this is entirely up to you, it's not for any one of us to tell you what you "should" or "should not" do. Our job here is to share what worked for us, our own experience, strength and hope. And I have to tell you that it took me a long time for my recovery to be as strong as yours. Sure, the path is long but I promise you that if you stay the course and continue working on what works for you, there are better days ahead...with him or without him.

I don't know if you have tried any meetings yet, but recommend them if you have not. Meetings helped me keep my balance and literally saved my life and my sanity.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Hugs