Thread: Perturbed
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
justhadenough

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Yeah, interesting thread for sure.

I don't agree that the bar has to be set at the level of bullying or being nasty before things have gone south though, okay? That is already extreme when it reaches those levels.

Honesty?

Well, let's be honest about honesty, then, okay? Everybody has struggles with honesty. All of us at times need to examine ourselves or we go off the beam. Saying that so and so is "honest" simply because they have tried to help others is not enough for me to think of them as being "honest". Help being helpful is simply what it is... honesty is something else. Help being sincere and from experience is helpful.

Understanding the struggles, failures, and successes and how one journey's through those experiences is a great barometer of a persons honesty, imo.

Telling others what to do is not the same as sharing what has been done by the helper. Experience is invaluable. Advice not so much.
I never said it did.

If you want to be pedantic about honesty and I do think you are reading too much into what I said-then yes I do think people are being truthful about their experiences. Call it what you like-help/support. I do not believe that people sit about SR lying and trying to twist things, so yes to me people have always put things across with an honest perspective. Maybe different people interpret things differently