Thread: Perturbed
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
michelle01

Good comments by all. To all those who may have been offended, please know that this is not what is intended, people generally mean well by what they post, they are guided by strong feelings (from things they themselves learned the hard way) and maybe sometimes it gets taken the wrong way. If there is someone you find intolerant/offensive, there is always the ignore function. In every forum you join, there's a risk that there is someone you clash with, I choose to walk away rather than allow it to cause overall disharmony. I do find it disappointing when threads get off topic from the original post, or original question the poster was asking, and becomes a heated debate about ideology and methods of recovery. Those things are understandably a turn off to a newcomer.

Sometimes I think we have to step back and ask, are we projecting some of our own recovery expectations on others, getting too invested? I know that I have done that on a few occasions, become conscious of it and had to take a step back.