Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ewo

Originally Posted by BLove06 View Post
Reading all these posts really makes you realize that you are not the only one with this terrible disease. Sometimes you feel so alone and as if there's no one that could ever understand. There's a lot of us out there. Trying to quit, relapsing, trying again........and when you read some of these success stories, it makes you realize that it CAN be done. I've dried out many times, and was sober for about 2 years while pregnant and nursing, I know I can live without the alcohol. I'm currently detoxing right now for what I hope and pray is the last time. My body is telling me I HAVE to stop. I am a 31 year old woman with a beautiful child and wonderful husband. I have so much to live for, and I have to get rid of the one thing holding me back and making me miserable. For me it's learning to deal with the hard parts of life without reaching for a drink. Learning to handle my anxiety without always medicating myself to feel more comfortable. Also, a huge thing is admitting that once you quit, it has to be for good. It's hard to admit that you will never be able to have a drink again. Alcoholics can't just have one glass of wine, or one beer. We don't stop at one, and the cycle starts all over again. I think of all the people in the world going through this process, and I hope and pray success for everyone.
Hi Blove! I, too, am 31, a mother, and a wife! As soon as I figure out how to navigate this website I plan to add friends & whatnot because I am guessing we might have similar stories and feel it might be helpful to share! When did you quit?

(Sorry I'm going off-subject from the original post)