View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well wishes and positive thoughts!! I think that lately things have been hard for me due to work. And this morning I realized, part of the reason that it's so hard for me to deal with work is because before, I'd drink away the feelings! And now I don't have anything to smother them away.

So I'm working through it. I'm considering a slight career change, or at least another job. It's not easy to do in my field so I'll concentrate on that while keeping up with the day to day stuff. It could take me 6 mos to a year to move into another position and even longer than that if I want to change my career.

I realize that I want what I want NOW. LOL. And that's just not going to happen. Things aren't going to work out just the way I want just because I decided not to drink.

This morning on the way in to work, I drove in with my husband. We were talking about our lives, how we have to work another 25 yrs before retirement, and what we are going to do about our unhappiness at our jobs. I thought, wow, this conversation is so clear to me. I'm so aware. And I truly love this man. These thoughts were just so clear to me. And I know it's because I'm not boozing.

Thanks again everyone! Love you all - even if I do seem annoyed and irritated at some's posts.