View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Plath

Thanks, Frances and Bill.

Ha ha Bill, "You can't fix stupid". I'm surprised they don't watch more of Ron White, since they do lean towards redneckiness. I love his stuff, he's hilarious.

Actually, I'm not really that surprised...

I feel a lot better now that I've vented. I don't want to hurt my mom, but man does she ever set herself up to feel hurt, depressed, neglected, let down, etc..
And there's no way to call her out on her "head in the sand" attitude, because...well, she's got her effing head in the sand.

I also don't want to offend anyone on here with strong religious beliefs. I like it when people lead by example, not by trying to make me feel as though their way is the *only* way. A lot of people on here do lead by example, and I appreciate that. My family doesn't really fit into that category.

My mom is often depressed, and I worry about her mental health and possible suicidal ideations sometimes. Her and my step-dad are both in pretty poor health, although my step-dad is basically on death's door.
So, she has a lot on her plate, but she created so much of her own reality that I just refrain from calling her out on too much of what she's done, because I honestly don't think she could handle the reality of it.

Very frustrating and "crazy making" indeed, but I am so endlessly thankful for this forum and for all of you on here who offer regular support, validation, and positive feedback.

Much love to all of you.