View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
langkah

S4MT, whatever is effective in staying sober the rest of our lives is the best possible avenue for every alcoholic, and those I know well do the absolute minimum to live without having to take another drink, though their minimum of continuing effort would likely be considered extreme to you. But, it's worked extremely well for them for 30-50 years so they're unlikely to alter it. Results are what this is about, not preferences.

Since what you did/are doing is working then why feel any need to apologize for your success?

Were I to stay comfortably sober on a lick and a prayer and no action at all then I promise you that would be my path, with nothing more added. It didn't.

When one level of involvement proves to be not enough the reasonable thing is to ramp it up to the next level, and to keep doing that until the results are satisfactory.

Unless you get drunk again your results from your level of effort and involvement is obviously very satisfactory. The OP has been unsatisfied with her results, hence my suggestion regarding seeking something different than what produces the unsatisfactory results for her.

Hope that explains things well enough.