View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
You have no boundaries and he has no recovery.

Addiction is winning.

Al-Anon and AA are both free of charge.

When one or either of you is ready to confront the reality of the family disease, you will be welcome at meetings and supported in facing reality and changing your lives.

Please do not trust any promise your husband makes about never driving drunk with your child again.

He will not keep it.
I have just started in Al Anon. I have been going to 2 meetings a week but have not found a sponsor yet.

He is traveling on business this week and asked me last night if I was going to ask him if he had anything to drink. I was shocked. I hadn't even thought about it because I figured the DUI was too fresh in his mind right now and that he swore off alcohol anyway. He said he didn't drink, but I told him that's his business and that I really hadn't even thought about asking. Makes me wonder how long he's going to be able to stay sober unless he has a program to help him. Right now, he's trying to do it ALONE. Comments like those make me wonder how bad the urge to drink is for him right now and I just keep praying and using my Al Anon tools to keep me sane!