Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

yunalesca

I've got 18yrs as a financial planner under my belt. I'm WELL acquainted with the lifestyle you described. I'll promise this to you....continuing on WILL cost you that promising career......as it will all the others who are doing it.....unless you stop and get it under control.

Here's something you may not have considered....that inevitable "bad ending" may not come for another 10 or 15 YEARS........then you'd have the wonderful responsibility of starting all over, from scratch, in a new career with the knowledge that you just wasted the past 10/15 years partying.... Been there, done that.

Get SERIOUS about recovery....put a "pound the table strong buy" on it and load the boat. I'll warn ya.....you won't like a lot of the suggestions and won't like some of the work you're going to have to do. Just man up and do it anyway. I promise, it's time well spent and way easier than dealing with the damage that can result from not taking it seriously enough and getting into more trouble down the road.