View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I think, sometimes, in the midst of all this madness that alcoholics do, in the midst of the insanity they make us feel, in the midst of the harm they are doing to us, we forget something:
They are people too.

I say this because I am angry at my ABF for what he did to me, I totally hate him right now, and I made the mistake of calling him an hour ago, knowing it was wrong, and I was shocked. He said, and I quote verbatim: "I have come to the realization today that I am about to lose everything." Yup, I hate him, whatever my feelings are, but really, at the end of the day, he is in a worse place than me, even if he is the one who put himself there. I don't envy him for that at all. I sometimes have a problem for wanting to kill myself, and his new thing is to ridicule me for it, but really, if I were him, I really would do it, and I don't see how he doesn't. His life really sucks.

Anyway. Yeah, you are angry, and you totally have a right to be. But you are making the right decision in not dealing with the DUI. That is his issue altogether, and has nothing to do with you. After all, he never would have gotten it if he weren't drinking. And I am sure he is angry at himself, because he knows he is wrong, and he knows he needs help, and if he is anything like my ABF, it kills him to admit that he has faults. But don't forget that he is going to get his punishment, and it's not going to be good for him. It will definitely make him even angrier, and he also has a right to be angry (although his anger should be directed toward himself-who knows if that is really where it is at right now). This is just hard times.

Hopefully this will be his bottom, and will make him wake up. But you don't know until he tries. And even then, both of you are going to be angry for a while. But just acknowledging it makes it better, because then it is out in the open.