View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
artista

Thank you

Thank you all for your responses. I assure you, I am doing everything I can to help the kids. I am in regular contact with CPS and the GAL in charge of her case. I went to her house last weekend and she was walking with a cane because she supposedly fell and hurt her leg again. I noticed her pupils were pinpoint and she just had the appearance of being high. I played with her kids for a while and left. Her house was trashed.

My mom fights me on everything. When she was at rock bottom before I tried so hard to get her into a rehab or hospital or something. Everyone told me that I couldn't do anything unless she agreed to it. One day she kept threatening to hurt herself. She called us all to say goodbye, so I was on the phone in a split second to the police. If she is a threat to herself they can hold her for 3 days for a psych consult. Let me tell you, that started a war with my mother! My sister ended up with 2 assault charges on her for attacking a hospital security guard and my mom swears to this day that it was unwarranted, even though she bit the guy twice.

I'm just constantly between a rock and a hard place. I am a very busy mother of three. I work at Job & Family Services, have three kids, 2 dogs, a husband, and a house to take care of. I'm an artist and am involved in a local art guild. My plate is very full with just my stuff. On top of that I have my sister, her kids, and my mom.

Thank you guys very much for your support and kind words.

Jenny