View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BackToSquareOne

Scolova, I've come to terms with the issues you describe by acceptance of the fact that I can not change the past. When I feel anger I look at the thoughts behind the anger and if it's about things from the past I turn it over to acceptance.

There is a certain reality to life that can't be denied and that is the fact that we can only play the cards we are holding. Comparing ourselves to others is pointless as we are not holding their cards. To find any semblance of happiness you must be at peace with yourself. This means that you must drop the expectations and accept that what is, is and that's OK.

The baggage from our past can be an anchor that drags us down to the depths of despair. It can also also be rocket fuel to a better life born of a deeper understanding of the thought process that caused us to go astray. We don't have to keep driving in the wrong direction on lifes highway, we can make a u-turn and go the right way.

Try looking at the thoughts behind the feelings, change what you can and accept the rest.