View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cangel2

Very wise words and I appreciate your sharing them with me.

I think I will print this out and read often - you are right on the mark.

Today I am starting in on a project at home that will give me something to focus on for the next few days that is positive and just for me. That coupled with being busy at work should help.

Of course I also have an appointment with my therapist next week too which should give me a place to receive some support. Funny thing.....my bf sees a therapist every week religiously; based on what I know she is on to the situation and calls him on his actions repeatedly. Just goes to highlight he is not ready to hear it yet........I am very clear that it is not my role to try to get him to see what he is not ready to. I never tell him what I think about his son aside from supporting him in his attempts to set boundries and in his attempts to do positive things for himself.

I just reached a point where I can't do that any more without triggering horrible fears and doubts about how I need to conduct myself to support myself and my son. Sigh.........best to let it all go for the time being and let life take its course. A crash/crisis is a sure thing; I just need to protect my recovery at this time.

Thank you again! I really appreciate your sharing.