View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bruggy88

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
To be honest NO NO NO

You asked, you got an answer you didn't like, now you want to lay your hurt feelings on him. NOPE not a good idea. Your 'eating issues' are not his problem, his recovery is his problem. Of course, he is focused on his own recovery not your eating issues.
Ah, I appreciate this point of view. However, I spoke to him before I checked the forum again. I think you made a good point about laying hurt feelings on other people. That is exactly something I didn't want to do, especially to someone who is working on recovery, they have enough to deal with. But I also didn't think it was right for me to be feeling like crap about it and not let him know how badly it affected me. I didn't want to take the whole, "oh, nothing's bothering me...*sniffle*..." route, you know?

I am glad we did talk about it, though. I told him it was super triggering to hear and he told me he understood and simply thought honesty was the best policy. I think we both understood where the other was coming from. We actually ended up laughing quite a bit and set a new boundary to keep our individual recovery regimens to ourselves. It was very civil and I think it was for the best.

I'm not very good with confrontation, and I have a lousy track record communicating with alcoholics, so I really appreciated all of your points of view. I didn't want to explode at anyone. Thanks for letting me talk it out here!