View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
billdoolittle

Originally Posted by zxcirce View Post
Baclofen can be helpful to some people, but like Dee said, a lot of people have pretty rough side effects and it needs to be tapered slowly because of a risk of a withdrawal syndrome much like that of benzodiazepines and alcohol.
All three gaba agonists, alcohol, valium/xanax, or baclofen cancause over exitabilitity in the GABA system. The gold standard for alcohol withdrawl is a valium. Now its proven scientifically baclofen is just as effective.

Its a GABA B agonist, the only one according to the NIH has susceptibility for abuse, unlike GABA A agonists like alcohol and benzos like valium. Science not option.

Tens of thousands to maybe one experience alcohool benzo withdrawal and been used since the 60s as a"qualify of life drug" which meets the lowest standard of danger by the FDA. It is statistically much safert than aspirin and far safer than tylenol. Im not here to argue science thoug, just wondering why people keep themselves in a state ofperpetual despair, depressioin with a suicide rate that s 5000% higher than the general population.

It at least should be looked at it. I dont need AA stories again. Pop my pill go on with my lif, no yoga, strestching, just life wightsand cardio. A normal life like m wife