Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
THEOjibway

Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post

I never noticed the "alcohol" smell the day after, but I was a drinking smoker (sense of smell will probably take a while to come back if it does) and wear colon.

Someone mentioned that they wouldn't eat if they knew they were going to be drinking, because "food will absorb the alcohol" and waste the drink. I actually would eat a fairly healthy meal, and just drink more. "The veggies and fruit and lean protein will offset the effects of the alcohol". Self-rationalization at it's worst.
That was me for sure. You know I'd get so drunk and then so drunk the next day I'd smell of booze. Could I smell it? Nope. i didn't think I smelled at all and my landlord kindly asked if I was going to have a shower soon because I smelled bad. I never wore cologne myself because I thought I smelled normal. Of course a hot summers day and I'd be pissed drunk and then go to the bar without a shower and when I sat down I'd order a drink and the manager there would come over and ask if I had anything to drink and I would say no and he wasn't fooled. TOld me to come back tomorrow once I sober up because he couldn't be held responsible to serve me drunk. I'm sure he smelled the booze sweating out of my pores because I was on a 4 day binge with no food or water so the only sweat that came out was alcohol.

Yeah I think that was me who said about not eating. I didn't. I drank straight to keep the effect. I"M SOOOO happy today that I don't do that anymore. Today I went out to a movie and lunch with my brother and we so happened to go into the place I loved to drink which was Boston Pizza and we sat in the bar... under his recommendation because they serve quicker there. I was a bit uncomfortable but held everything together. Not once did I think to drink even in my old drinking hole. Nope. Sat there drank diet pepsi and ate pizza. god bless for being sober