Thread: Omg
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((WTBH)))))

I know this is hard, I know as a Mama Lion you want to rip his head off, and I know you are very worried about your girls, especially D6.

Get the locks changed. Lock that 'barn entrance' from the inside, keep cell phone handy at all times (like in your pocket) and call cops if he even pulls into the driveway.

As to D6, WOW every child is different and it can be rough. If you can get a conversation going with her, you can again express to her how sad 'daddy being sick' makes you too. That he is so hard to understand right now. That he says things he doesn't mean, and that it will get better once daddy starts taking care of himself.

I personally think she is very smart and will understand a simple explanation of what an Alcoholic is and how daddy cannot drink but does and that is what is making him sick.

Also check your library and on line. I know there are some books out for her age that 'explain' why daddy or mommy is the way they are because of 'addiction' and/or 'alcohol'.

In the meantime, know that as much as possible we are walking with you in spirit.

Also, REMEMBER, you have COME A LONG WAY FROM A YEAR AGO. Anytime you stop believing that, go back and read some of your old posts, lol and you won't doubt for long.

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and the girls, and yes for your AH also. May HP watch over ALL of you.

Love and hugs,