View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SSIL75
New to Real Life

I very rarely get that pang for a glass of wine by the pool type of thing. Not like I crave a drink but I feel kind of childish like why can't I have gotten a grip on my drinking like some of my friends seem to have.

But then I remind myself that that's an alcoholic thought. One drink is no different than a nice glass of coke. Multiple drinks just makes me drunk and unhappy. So it's a thinking error.

My experience as a non drinker is no different than that of a normal drinker. (I'm defining a normal drinker as someone who'll take an hour to finish that glass of wine by the pool. Maybe they won't even finish it ).

That you are that bothered that you can't have a glass of wine just highlights some of those alcoholic thoughts. We all get it. Normal people can take or leave alcohol. Ever hang out with a non alcoholic?
"What do I want... I do like that beer but that lemonade sure looks good, too! I'll just start with water". <------ does not compute. I never understood that! But now I get it. Intellectually, at least.