View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BillyPilgrim
So it goes

From the War of the Simpsons - Ned mixes Homer a drink

This proves the catalyst to a wild whirlwind of inebriated bad behavior on Homer’s part, climaxing with Homer very creepily leering at Maude’s deep, luscious cleavage in a scandalously low-cut dress and telling her to lean down lower so he can score a deeper, more satisfying leer. Again, it’s hard to imagine the Maude of later seasons even showing any cleavage, let alone driving Homer into a libidinal frenzy with her sexy garb.
Homer gets around to alienating and offending everyone, especially Dr. Hibbert, who sternly informs Homer that the novelty ice cube with a plastic fly in it is so highly toxic, it’s actually much more dangerous than drinking a drink with an actual fly in it. In one of my favorite lines of the episode, Hibbert tells Marge that if she wants Homer to live through the night she’ll turn him, emphasizing that this was entirely her choice and no one would fault her if she opted to let him die in a pool of his own vomit.
It’s an evening to forget or at least deliberately, flatteringly misremember, as Homer does during a hilarious fantasy sequence where he recalls the night as a Algonquin Long Table-style potpourri of witty cocktail banter and sophisticated bon mots, populated by characters out of an old New Yorker cartoon
Sorry for the odd edit ,but I read a post like this yesterday, about missing a civilised drink, I was like that, but my memory of alcohol and the witty banter I made was probably like Homer. I thought I was the wittiest person in the universe. I was just a stupid drunk.
There is nothing I did well whilst drunk , that I cant do better whilst sober. I cant drink one glass of wine , I need one or two bottles.
It wasnt fine and dandy, it was bad, thats why I am here
I am better not drinking. I can drink tea or juice by the pool