Thread: Omg
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Live

TJP said:

Wow, WTBH. I'm just speechless after reading that update. The thing I am thinking about (aside from your poor daughter's broken and very confused heart) is that you must be reeling about how far he will push the envelope to prove he is ultimately in control. So. Freaking. Scary. He's taking this to a whole new level and proving that he's not afraid of the law or being arrested. That is secondary to his need to control you. This is not a good situation at all -- try to do everything the DV counselors advise (re: safety plan, etc) and get all the counseling they offer to you and your children. At the women's center where I used to volunteer they had group sessions for the kids that were extremely helpful...so they could see they were not the only ones with this crazy stuff going on in their homes. I know your girls already see a counselor (right?) but I wonder if this type of additional group session would be helpful -- IF it's available.

I am SO VERY SORRY this is happening, but you are doing everything right. I admire your strength. (((Hugs)))

I am afraid these were my thoughts and take on it too. He will bail out and obviously has no fear or respect for the law, therefore this kind of person is quite likely to continue to find ways to circumvent the letter and intentions of the law and upset and scare you. I feel he is cabable of doing many things you would not be able to predict. Please stay safe at all costs. TJP knows what she is talking about and I have lived thro a similar scenario, it is what finally brought me here.