View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Vantrina

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Sheesh you guys, spring break was HARD. Valentine's getaway, no champagne, cabin on the lake, bonfire etc., no beer, no booze. And watching everyone else, you guys know how it is. Anyway got through it, but it SUCKED at times….Then, it was awesome! I'm glad I didn't drink and am feeling more than ever that I don't need booze to be cool and have fun.
InParticular, good for you & thank you. I so needed to read something like this tonight. Yours was the first entry I read, thank goodness.

Here I am at Day 95 and I am wondering throughout the night if maybe one glass of wine wouldn't be so bad. WTF?

Then the reality of how I lost my original 137 days comes painfully back; then I play the tape through & know there is no way, no way I would stop w/one glass of wine. THEN, I conjure up my memories of me back in June 2011 when I was evolving into a wine & vodka guzzling mess. ((Sigh)) All of this swirling in my head on the drive home tonight.

Still sober w/no regrets & turning in early because I am grumpy and tired. Inparticuar, you words are a gift tonight. Thanks.

Have a good sober night tonight everyone.