View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aurelle

I'm ready to stop

Hello everyone, I just joined.

I'm ready to stop drinking but I'm scared. I've been drinking everyday for a while, I'm not quite sure how long but I don't remember the last day I didn't have a drink, definitely more than 4 or 5 months ago, maybe more. And before it was every day it was still too much. I've been drinking to numb the feelings I can't deal with, mostly due to a terrible marriage. I left my husband 5 weeks ago now in the hope of straightening myself out, I've tried & failed each time, so I think it's time for me to admit I need some support in order to do this. So here I am

Mentally, I am sick of drinking but every time I start physically withdrawing, I panic & think I'm going to die. I now live alone with my 2 young children & am absolutely terrified of them finding me dead. I know it sounds extreme, maybe heightened anxiety. So I drink enough to keep me functioning. I don't want to do it anymore though. Don't really know how to break the cycle on my own though. I hope to find some support here & hope offer the same back.

Aurelle x