View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
13longyears

We are not at the point in his relapse that his parenting skills are compromised, but we will be there in no time. He also (this time around) stays away from home when using because I will not allow him here and he is embarrassed. Also, I wouldn't leave her with him anyways right now, she's a privilege, not a right. I am going to be attending an alanon meeting Sunday, I hope to learn a lot. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but something's gotta give. I'm just trying to figure out how to live with him in the meantime. How to not be angry or how to not be nice, because he mistakes my kindness for compliance. It's hard. He is so far from his bottom it's scary for me, I can't wait anymore. Never been arrested, owns a very successful company, doing well financially. Last time he went off the deep end he was close to losing it all but somehow managed to pull it together last minute. I'm praying meetings can give me some focus, singular focus on me and teach me how to let go of worrying about our/his situation. Told my mom this morning what was going on.