View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

AH got an extreme DUI tonight

Well, it's all coming crashing down now. I can't sleep. He was charged with being over 2 times the legal limit and submitted to a blood test. He ran a red light and was not in his lane(I guess he was straddling the white lines).

He texted me some rambling drunk texts about how I'm not going to be happy with him, etc and wanted me to come pick him up. I didn't even know where he was, I thought he was still out drinking with his friends.

We have a 13 year old son and I homeschool him. AH turned in his license apparently(based on the paperwork he brought home. I read it after he passed out) and the car was impounded. I have no idea how to tell our son. This can change our lives for quite some time as far as court appearances, his having no license, lawyer visits, etc. I feel like I'm reeling and I don't know what to do!

How involved do I get? What is my role here? Do I attend everything or have him ask some friends for driving assistance at times. Do I put my life on hold to drive him everywhere and deal with the fallout? I guess we need a good lawyer, too. I have no idea how to find one. I am so angry but I'm trying so hard to read my Al Anon stuff and someone ask God to provide me with some peace.