Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
justrae83

I just left my boyfriend of 6 years due to addiction, did I make the right choice?

I just got out of a 6 year relationship one month ago with a man who i loved more then life itself. I feel in love with him so hard, so fast and KNEW that was the man that god had put in my life to marry. I was 22 and so in love and thanked god everyday he put him in my life, we moved intogether and everything was perfect....then thats when i noticed the drinking, 1 year into the relationship.

The next 4 years living with him was him sobering up from me leaving him and going back then sobering up for 2 years....i thought FINALLY we are gonna make it, i loved him so much....but thats when the perscription pill addiction came into play. He was off and on those for 2 years and on our 5 year anniversery he had a sezure from cutting cold turkey cuz i told him i would leave agian. He went into rehab and i moved back in with parents on my 28th birthday.

For the next year we talked, saw each other and texted and continued to love each other, he told me he was getting better and wanted to be with me and marry me and was so sorry for everything. He asked me to fight for him with my family but i was scared cuz he lied to me before about being sober. I loved him so much and wanted to be with him so I said ok after 9 months of "dating" i said ill fight for you with my family but out of no where he said it was to late and i should of done it months ago and i didnt love him. I was so confused and was balling my eyes out and said i wanted him back. Then he said he wont stop drinking and he dosent have a problem and started seeing somone new. So i left him.

Talk about a blow to my heart, i fought for him for 6 years and then out of no where, he starts drinking again and tells me this new girl was there when i wasnt and dosent judge him on his past. I have been crying 6 times a day for month just trying to remember to breath and get throught it and not think of all the good times we shared but the bad and I cant. Please tell me i did the right thing and how to get through it and to move on...my heart has never been this broken and I wish he would just sober up and be with me but...whats the point right?