View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
timewilltell

Day 7 what a difference a week makes

Some of you may remember me stumbling in here sick as a dog, shaking, cold sweats, generally concerned I might not make it, and frightened I may have lost my job.

Today day 7, I cannot remember a time I ever felt better. I didn't get fired, I had a great week at work so far. No more shaking, cold sweats, eating again etc.

The last two nights I actually slept for the first time I can remember in a long long time. The first few days were impossible to sleep with how sick I was and being covered in sweat, boiling over one minute and freezing the next. While I had trouble falling asleep both the last two nights when I did sleep, I slept like a log. I actually laughed at my bed this morning because I must not have moved an inch, the sheets and duvet had been turned back as if waiting for someone to get in I just had to fold over the corner an voila my bed was perfect.

My home is sparkling clean, nothing is out of order. I am caught up on paying all my bills, my car has been in and repaired. I have food in the fridge and this morning...you are going to laugh at this, but I never learned to fold a fitted sheet. I was never taught how and never had the patience or desire to take time to learn, well this morning while folding the laundry I actually thought this is crazy and spent five minutes thinking about it and like magic it came to me. I folded the perfect fitted sheet! One small step for mankind!

I invited a friend for dinner tonight and he said, great I will bring the wine. I didn't say a word and didn't hear a thing after he said that, my mind was racing. My addict was saying, what harm can one glass of wine do, it will be ok and I said no, you know you will not be ok, don't listen. This went on in my head the whole conversation. Then, as if by some miracle I said, don't bring wine I am not drinking, bring flowers instead!

I more step for mankind. I feel great!

Timewilltell