Notices

Day 7 what a difference a week makes

Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 what a difference a week makes

Some of you may remember me stumbling in here sick as a dog, shaking, cold sweats, generally concerned I might not make it, and frightened I may have lost my job.

Today day 7, I cannot remember a time I ever felt better. I didn't get fired, I had a great week at work so far. No more shaking, cold sweats, eating again etc.

The last two nights I actually slept for the first time I can remember in a long long time. The first few days were impossible to sleep with how sick I was and being covered in sweat, boiling over one minute and freezing the next. While I had trouble falling asleep both the last two nights when I did sleep, I slept like a log. I actually laughed at my bed this morning because I must not have moved an inch, the sheets and duvet had been turned back as if waiting for someone to get in I just had to fold over the corner an voila my bed was perfect.

My home is sparkling clean, nothing is out of order. I am caught up on paying all my bills, my car has been in and repaired. I have food in the fridge and this morning...you are going to laugh at this, but I never learned to fold a fitted sheet. I was never taught how and never had the patience or desire to take time to learn, well this morning while folding the laundry I actually thought this is crazy and spent five minutes thinking about it and like magic it came to me. I folded the perfect fitted sheet! One small step for mankind!

I invited a friend for dinner tonight and he said, great I will bring the wine. I didn't say a word and didn't hear a thing after he said that, my mind was racing. My addict was saying, what harm can one glass of wine do, it will be ok and I said no, you know you will not be ok, don't listen. This went on in my head the whole conversation. Then, as if by some miracle I said, don't bring wine I am not drinking, bring flowers instead!

I more step for mankind. I feel great!

Timewilltell
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

7 days and a job, FANTASTIC!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am intrigued...how do you fold a perfect fitted sheet? Haha but so true, it always looks like a mess!

Good to hear you are doing so much better
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL, yeah I'll take a lesson on folding fitted sheets too.

I'm so glad that you're well and feeling good.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

That is awesome... I'm dealing with the addict inside right now, if youve read my other post earlier youll see... Im proud of you for sticking to your guns, im on day 10 right now and my mind keeps yelling at me more and more... i just need to take my $1 and get to my meeting tonite... i need it (plus my sponsor will be there and if i dont show hell kick my ass lol j/k)

Keep up the good work, being on here and being in AA are the only two things keeping me sane/sober... GOD Bless
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ok you take one corner and turn it in, then you take the other corner and turn it into the first one and then do the other side the same. You end up with a perfect rectangle and from there it is a cinch! lol

Whysoserious, so far it's been pretty easy. I still haven't forgotten how ashamed and sick I was and I hope I never forget it! I had never felt so bad in my entire life! and today I can't think of a time I felt any better than I do now!

Timewilltell
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Timewilltell, that feeling is almost deliriously happy, I remember very very well. So quickly after stopping the drink, life brightens up in ways that you could never have imagined. I know. Congratulations to you. Well done!

OK, here is a little side question for you to consider. Most people who have become sober like you know the feeling that you have described. If you were making something like a travel brochure or advertisement praising this feeling, how would you sell it so that more people would believe they could do it and then go for it?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Timewilltell, that feeling is almost deliriously happy, I remember very very well. So quickly after stopping the drink, life brightens up in ways that you could never have imagined. I know. Congratulations to you. Well done!

OK, here is a little side question for you to consider. Most people who have become sober like you know the feeling that you have described. If you were making something like a travel brochure or advertisement praising this feeling, how would you sell it so that more people would believe they could do it and then go for it?
hmmm freshstart57, I will need time to think about that. I will sell it when I have a few more minutes to think about it. I am in sales after all
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FLA

Very inspiring. I'm on day two and struggling with horrible anxiety, can't sleep well, can't eat or drink much without getting nauseus, cold sweats etc. This post gives me hope that in a few days I will feel good enough to start my real journey to recovery. I just hope once I feel better I won't want to drink or use again.