View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((FindingJoy))) - I totally agree with all above.

I just want to tell you how MY recovery has been to my loved ones, mostly dad/stepmom because I live with them thanks to consequences of my addiction (can't afford a place of my own) and they knew all the dirty details the rest of F&F were spared.

My dad doesn't have a clue as to what "recovery" means. Stepmom sort of does, but she's an active addict and raging codie.

I did apologize for all the hurt and pain I'd put them through, but I'm thinking only once? I then got out and SHOWED them what recovery is. TBH, my dad knows the definition of amends, but the best I could do for him were making living amends.

As each year of my recovery passes (coming up on 5), I do tell them, I get congratulations and "I'm really proud of you" but oddly enough it was, last year, when my stepmom said "wow, I thought it had been longer than that" that made my day.

She didn't mean it hurtful, what she meant was "wow, I thought it had been longer since we were always on edge".

Soooo, IMO now his secret is out to his mom. He's wanting to prove what a good boy he is but it's all talk (and he's not doing a very good job of that) and no actions.

I'm glad you've blocked him and your friend/his boss is handling it greatly. Keep working on you, let him do him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy