Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tatertot

Happy Update!

UPDATE!

Lol.. ok I guess I'm long overdue for an update, but here it is...

After almost 2 years of dating (and thank all of you for being here helping me through it from the beginning) we are still going very strong!

In fact we have even discussed the possibility of eventual marriage as well as starting a family (if we can). So things are definitely looking positive for us!

We have still maintained an attitude of honesty above all and we always tell each other everything about how we're feeling and what we're thinking. He is still living in his sober-living bachelor pad and is still very involved at the mission/shelter where he is an active member of the alumni. He is unfortunately at the point where he has to turn down sponsees because he knows his limits and realizes he can't take on any more (He has 4 already... two quite low maintenance and two that require a little more time from him). But the positive aspect of that is that he really is a role model to others by the way he lives his life.

I am still also volunteering there however I have decided to move out of the kitchen environment and I am now volunteering with the Outreach department. It is a lot more hands on with the homeless/street line. It's actually pretty fun and is much more worthwhile to me. I love it there.

Anyway other than a few minor bumps along the road (which you can probably read about in some of my other threads) this has still been the most honest, loving, caring, and passionate relationship I've ever had. It's been an amazing journey thus far and I'm looking forward to spending many, many more years with this amazing man.

Recovery can and does work! And once again thank you for your heartfelt and truthful replies and for your honest caring. This community is amazing

Hugs to all,

T