View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Maybe you are subbing the alcohol calories with snacking? I had that going on last week. Filling the void with chips and ice cream here and there. I generally eat pretty healthily. I was up a few this weekend.

Alcohol is a diuretic. I think, when I quit the first time, it took a few weeks, and then I lost alot of water weight. Just noticed one week I suddenly was making alot of bathroom trips(pee). Sorry if TMI. So I think you can retain a bit until your body adapts to not having the alcohol.

I find reducing carbs and restricting them to whole grains, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc... helpful. I had lost 60 pounds as part of my 2010 change in lifestyle. I cannot help but think, for me, carb addiction goes hand in hand with the alcohol addiction. They are similar battles for me.

Sounds like you have had a good weekend, Lost! Keep up the good work. I was going to go out again tonight(some of the same women from Thursday, a task/party for school), but I am feeling sick with a cold. Going to stay home.