Thread: Feeling down
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chino

Originally Posted by meree View Post
well, today i sent him a pic of our daughter and never got a response, so i checked his bank account online and he has already withdrawn at least $100. i know he's back out using again.
He may or may not be using; there's no telling what he needed the money for. It's his money to do with what he wants, too, since you're divorced. If you want to let go, a good place to start is to stop checking his account.

If you take a spin around the forum, you might be interested in concepts about 'property lines' and 'boundaries'. In addition to the stickies at the top of the forum, the search feature will provide you easy access to common themes and topics, like "letting go." Also, a poster here named cynical one (SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - cynical one) has compiled quite a library with topics like that.

Please consider "working the recovery program you wish he would." Whether that's with a 12 step program (alanon, naranon, codependents anonymous, etc) and/or private therapy, you'll put the focus back on you, and find a way out of the craziness by letting go.

There's strength in numbers and this is a great place