View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Maggie301

Question New.....Scared.....Pregnant

Hi All
I hope I am posting this properly and in the right location! I'm a newbie!

Anyway, I am a 35 year old female. Single, no kids, support myself with a decent job. 8 year serious alcoholic. Starting early 2011 I started to see a new doctor and did not share my alcohol addiction with him, but did share my intense anxiety. After an off the charts bp reading I was prescribed Welbutrin 300 mg, Xanax up to 4 mg daily as needed, and atenolol for hypertension. I took all scripts and continued to drink daily.

2 months ago I went on a 3 day alcohol binge, my worst ever. ( boy troubles..so silly). Anyway, after the binge I expected to go back to work with a mild hangover ( I typically do not get hung over though ) and what happened instead was serious alcohol withdrawal. I tried to white knuckle it for 2 days, but when the DT's started, I couldn't take it any more. I fessed up to my doctor, refused to be hospitalized and he agreed to let me do outpatient detox. I was prescribed Librium 50 mg 3 x daily, the Xanax 1 mg to sleep (at that point I hadn't slept for 3 days straight) and the atenolol to control blood pressure. I took all the drugs responsibly, didn't drink and once the terrible withdrawals subsided I tapered off of the Librium, who has of yesterday I am at 25 mg, 1x daily.

Today I found out during a regular yearly GYN exam that I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am freaking out. No father in the picture.

Has anyone here had personal experience with early term pregnancy alcohol withdrawal/ drug use or know someone who has? I thank you in advance for reading this and/ or responding.