View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by Lost3000 View Post
Thing is, I think you are right, he is doing what he's already been doing in the past. It's not going to change. We've been married almost 9 yrs by the way.

And I really should paint a clear picture here. On the weekends we do tons of things together. Tonight is gym and out to dinner. Tomorrow is a flamenco/dinner show. Sunday he works but afterwards it's dinner out. That's a normal weekend for us. And then there's the countless outings during the week for special stuff: Theater plays, movies, events.

I know I'm being overly sensitive. We just had lunch. It's his day off and so he comes to my office, we have a long, leisurely lunch and then he goes off to study until I can finish up work. We talked about this stuff and things are all good between us again.

The dinner thing, well, I need to initiate this. I'm the cook, so I'm the one dictating where we are eating. From now on, it's going to be the kitchen table.

I have been dismissing the Serenity prayer lately, mainly because I'm so not religious and dislike the god part. But if you ignore the god section, the rest actually is quite true. Annoying! LOL.
This clarifies alot. I think he sounds wonderfully attentive! I am envious! Not the case on my end here. So, maybe you are feeling edgy with the giving up drinking. I feel that way right now. just irritated and annoyed that dh is having a few beers which pretty much leaves me feeling left out and off on my own. But, i am more alert and present and enjoy my children much more when i do not drink. There is a huge forever win!