View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Well, I am sure I drank to fill the void of dh being off on his computer, ignoring me.

Lost I get what you are saying and I hope you can find quality time together.

There is some validity to the expectation that partners should want to spend some time together, no? I mean, why else get married and be partnered?

So, I am not sure you are being unreasonable to expect your dh to have a meal with you for 30 minutes now and again. Goodness!

For me, I feel needy, but I am needy. I am lonely. I do not enjoy sitting alone in the house when my parner is home as well(and not busy with work) doing something instead of being with me. I pretty much have given up the fight.

He is a good father, and a decent friend at times, but not attentive as a husband. It was always a bit of an issue. These things do not change. Trust me. Sobering up means reevaluating alot of life. This is a painful part of it for me.

Good luck with it on your end, Lost. I am not sure hoe long you have been married, but if it is fairly young, try to work out some good habits of scheduling some time for one-another. I think we cannot take that for granted. i think we have gone too far down that road in my 18 year marriage. Just not sure we can get that spark back. I hope you can.