View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I just want to say that I just love what MsPink and Zoso had to say in the above posts. Those statements were beautiful examples of recovery.

Is there ever a happy ending....if we look at the crux of that question, the answer could be thought of as a resounding NO. We all die. But it's up to each of us, as MsPink so eloquently stated to "have a happy beginning, happy ending and a happy right now". We can't (and shouldn't) hang our happiness on someone else. That's an awful burden to put on another person. I do understand what you mean though that sometimes its like mourning the loss of someone over and over again. I've cried enough tears for a thousand funerals for my son. But WHY? He's alive.

The most wonderful gift that my own recovery has brought me is the gift of acceptance. Acceptance that my son's lifestyle may kill him. Acceptance of what IS. Do I do it perfectly everyday....heck no.....but that is my goal and I work at it.

I think it was Abe Lincoln who said that most people are only as happy as they allow themselves to be. Strive to be happy.

gentle hugs
ke