Old 02-07-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Workingdrunk

Originally Posted by winslynn View Post
You better call this phone number in Toronto before it is too late 416-487-5591.You will be dead or in the hospital within a year.You are never going to get over the alcohol problem by yourself.
Thanks Winslynn for the strong advice. I respect the reasons why you suggest that I should seek professional help.

I have made a decision to try to stop on my own, for the last time. If I fail this time on my own, I will seek professional help, AA or whatever works. I am pretty motivated right now to stop. I have not had a drop since Feb 1, 2012. I have had mild cravings for a beer or more, but to date I have beat it down. I like to reflect on what I wrote on this site in the past week and how I was feeling then, this straightens me out real quick. When I get a craving I also like to question myself with "What's in it for me? Why drink? What benefit is there in it for me? I can't stop counting the downsides, but I cannot find an single honest genuine upside. That has worked so far. I have even tested myself by going to the liquor store and having liquor available for me. So far I have past the tests with flying colors. I am feeling better physically. I have also start exercising and that feels great too. I have all the basic equipment (good equipment actually) at home so there is no excuse about getting out to the gym.

I know that I am still very early in the process, but you have to start somewhere and so far I am passing with flying colors.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you once again for all of your help.