View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Plath

And on that note...

I just got off the phone with my own dad, who is allegedly coming to visit us (and his grandson, for the first time) this weekend. Of course my step-mom "may not make it", but she will certainly be visiting my oldest half-brother, as he only lives about a half hour from us. In other words, it's worth it for her to make the trip up to see her own son, but it's too much effort to come along an extra half-hour to visit my family.

Nice, considering how she treated me when I was young (literally like a red headed step-child, as if I were somehow repulsive).

So the plan is (supposedly) that at least my dad and brother will be coming up to visit on Saturday to see my son for the first time.

I have my own doubts that my brother will show, and not be hijacked somehow by my step-mother. I have doubts that it will even happen at all, which is sad.

We'll see how that all pans out in real life.

It's sad and depressing how we can all become so excited by these prospects, but so suspicious of them at the same time, and so wary of the good intentions that are never followed through on.

Again, I just wanted to share my experience, as I can deeply empathize with how you feel on many levels.

:horse