View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Adipsia

For me as time went on after our split, I came to have more and more insights into the ways my partner had manipulated me. I ran the whole gamut of emotions, initially feeling stupid, quickly followed by hurt and finally around a year later I came to the point where I was able to laugh at the farce our life had become.

I can only speak for myself, but at this stage - even if I weren't in a relationship with a beautiful netw partner with rock-solid values - there is no way I could have my ex in my life again. The relationship would never stand a chance because I would forever be questioning the motives behind every single action my partner made. In fact, that was one thing I initially brought into my current relationship - a tendency to over-analyse actions - as baggage from my previous relationship.

I understand the anger. Perhaps my biggest frustration prior to our break-up was my partner's apologising after yet another cataclysmic bender. That frustration was borne out of the fact that much of the time she had no idea what she was apologising for, as she couldn't remember much of what she had done. As a result, the apology was worthless.

I think you're going through a healing process and the anger is a natural part of it. I would urge you to think carefully about opening up communication though, because too much water has passed under the bridge.

Peter