View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
washbe2

"Just forget you have a son"

There were the words left on my voicemail. Oh, dear God, how I wish I could!! I've tried!! He knows this, too. His plea for money today has gone unanswered. Seems he took what little money he had and bought a $200 junky boat and wants $80 for a trailer and dogfood. Today is the 4th. His check comes to my house each month. (He has no address.) For the past two months I've "advanced" him some of his check and have recovered the loan when his check comes in. Gues what. It hasn't come this month and I'm already out. Suspicion -- he rerouted the check. Maybe not because he was temporarily dropped due to the hospital stay, but it is supposed to be reinstated. It "could" just be late.

Tonight is my step-daughter's wedding. It is a top-notch affair and has cost her dad and me lots of money. Lots. I can't say a word because my son has cost over the years so much more for pure nonsense. I have to focus on my hubby today and tonight. He deserves that. He has been very reflective about the whole thing. But she's marrying a great guy, both good jobs, starting with a brand new home, real bling on her finger, and a trip to Europe for a honeymoon.

It's all very awkward for me. Sat next to hubby's ex at rehearsal dinner. Feel very much like a 5th wheel (broken at that). It's the bride's and groom's day! I am trying to move through it without tears. I'm not normally a small-talk kind of person and would rather just observe from a distance. I will have a few friends there to not let me fall though.

Oh, and my son also said yesterday that the camper a friend of his lived in burned up Friday morning early. Any guess why? Think my son has been involved in same. I want to go away, live by myself in a beautiful setting and live on the bare necessities. (except for computer, of course

Oh, and the ex's brother is doing the music and his girlfriend is on the police force at my city....recent episode at our house which was horrific flashing before my eyes.

Can't talk to hubby about this, can't talk to anyone right now, so you are my venting place. Sorry.