Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Workingdrunk

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Just an update. I decided to quit yesterday and I keep getting all the more psyched up in a good way. No withdraw symptoms. Just a mild pain on my lower ride side just about where the smallest rib is at the bottom of the rib cage. Likely my liver, but this is much less in size and level of pain that I have been experiencing in the past.

1st day (24hrs) without drinking. Did not drink last night. Feel great. Most of the pains and discomforts are gone already! Last night I slept like a log. I did wake a 1:00 a.m. to go to the washroom, but how could I not I drank so much water in the evening. I do not know if I had any night sweats cause I slept so well. I am so positively psyched and enthusiatic, I feel like thats all in the past and I am never going back to the situation again. I feel 100 pounds lighter.

Last night I had to go to the post office. On my way driving back from the post office I see the beer store down the street and I get the idea, well how about just one more time to officially end it? Quickly reversed my thoughts, started to think of failing again, all of the negatives, but then I thought, I know all of the negatives but why should I buy beer, what are the good reasons to disrupt my new me, or the old me pre beer binger, what's in it for me to go and buy more beer for yet one more last time? I could not think of a single reason not even an insignficant one. Its all negatives. Quickly made a left turn, proceeded home with a smile on my face and felt great about my decision and sticking to my commitment. Went home made a healthy dinner, did a few things etc and went to bed. There was a half a bottle of white wine from last week in the fridge I could have had that but I said what for?, I'll just be disappointed in myself tomorrow. Its still sitting there all alone. Maybe I'll use it for cooking, to deglaze a pan or symbolically empty it into the sink.

I know you may all be thinking, relax its only one day, but I am really feeling good about this committment. I feel like I am actually in the process of separating myself from the beer drinking. Best part is I am developing negative view of drinking, rather than missing it, I am glad I am not doing it.