View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heathersweeds

Moments of Clarity

I have been going through some growing pains in my recovery. Had some resentments. Suprise lol!

Instead of me firing back like I usually do with a sharp tongue, I stopped. I talked about it with my sponcor and I got to a quiet place. I prayed. And what was reveiled to me was...

I am powerless over anyone else. When I start getting angry at someone elses opinion I have to stop all reaction feelings and think of their situation. Their pain not mine. I can't believe all these years I've been so selfish. I saw this as big as day.

This is still new so sometimes when someone rubs me the wrong way I'll be in the middle of a rant (in my dangerous mind) and have to just stop! Re think look at the situation a little closer...put my feelings on pause and continue to see the other person and their pain.

I think this is called not being the center of the universe lol! I really can't believe I was like this. I have always thought I was so kind and understanding. I am sort of embarassed. But....progress not perfection
Thank you