Notices

Moments of Clarity

Old 01-31-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moments of Clarity

I have been going through some growing pains in my recovery. Had some resentments. Suprise lol!

Instead of me firing back like I usually do with a sharp tongue, I stopped. I talked about it with my sponcor and I got to a quiet place. I prayed. And what was reveiled to me was...

I am powerless over anyone else. When I start getting angry at someone elses opinion I have to stop all reaction feelings and think of their situation. Their pain not mine. I can't believe all these years I've been so selfish. I saw this as big as day.

This is still new so sometimes when someone rubs me the wrong way I'll be in the middle of a rant (in my dangerous mind) and have to just stop! Re think look at the situation a little closer...put my feelings on pause and continue to see the other person and their pain.

I think this is called not being the center of the universe lol! I really can't believe I was like this. I have always thought I was so kind and understanding. I am sort of embarassed. But....progress not perfection
Thank you
Old 01-31-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Good for you. A lot of people never gain this insight. Continued success on your recovery journey.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heathersweeds View Post
I think this is called not being the center of the universe lol! I really can't believe I was like this. I have always thought I was so kind and understanding. I am sort of embarassed. But....progress not perfection...
AWESOME!

This goes hand in hand with accepting that we have no control over other people's actions or opinions--something I have to continuously remind myself.

Congrats on your sobriety and clarity!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a fantastic post—and great timing, because I read it right after I got a little irked by another thread, lol!!