View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Landofoz

New here, confused and need help

Hello. My step-daughter came to live with me last week for 3 months. It's my ex husbands daughter butbwe've remained close and this may be one of her only chances left. She's pretty much done everything but her drug of choice is heroin. Her mom is an alcoholic and she's been living with her the last several months after getting out of rehab. In Nov her ex boyfriend died from overdose and they were very toxic for one another. She has not dealt with this and all her other issues.

She has been diagnosed with bi-polar and in school ADHD but I question that. I took her to the doctor this week and she got her to give her Topomax (I have never know her to get migraines), Klonipin and vyavanyse (sp?). I am dispensing them but in think it's her own little cocktail tonged high. Sometimes her speech is slurred much more than others. I found a bunch of generic Tylenol in her wallet tonight so not sure what she's doing with that. The doc is getting us a psychiatrist to get these meds correct, I think she just knows how to say the right thing. As with all addicts she's extremely manipulative and lies constantly. She's also got some back pain pills because she was in a horrible accident in 2010 and is lucky to even be alive. To complicate things she's 19.

Since she's been here I've gone to 4 NA meetings with her and she met some girls at a meeting that are clean and went to 2 meetings with them yesterday. Tomorrow we're going again and this week will continue to go. I'm the only one that will make sure she gets to meetings and I sit thru them with her. Wed she actually shared, but part of me just wonders if it was just for me.

Anyways, I'm going to see about al anon meetings this week as well because I don't know how to deal with her. I'm feeling guilty for giving her the Klonipin because I do think she's getting high. Wed a gentleman after the meeting told me she sounds high and I told him I thought she's using prescription drugs and he said just keep bringing her to meetings, keep coming.

Also I looked at her phone yesterday and saw text messages between her and a guy she knew in rehab and he's going to send her "bars" in the mail in exchange for pictures of herself. I'm going to have all my mail held at the post office. I don't know how to tackle that one.

Any help, insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. I'm off to start reading the forum to get advice.

Thank you!!!!