View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TheJungianThing

We're [removed the term alcoholic as it might offend] all trying to stay sober and content, JBHere. You'll find that many [removed the term alcoholic as it might offend] who are trying to stay sober and content can be pretty sensitive people. I know I am. The slightest thing - more often than not, not even intended to do so - can get me sore. I call them resentments. Resentments and fears are two of the biggest drivers that lead me to an intolerable state of being. We know how to cure that, right ?

Good stiff shot, followed by ..... another, then another, etc...

Or find a way to get and stay sober. There's plenty of info on several of them here.

Full disclosure here, I do consider myself a practioner of AA's 12 Steps, I review them regularly and have found them to be a wonderful solution. I enjoy the wide berth it gives me in exploring "spiritual things" and I'm not limited to one specific rite or doctrine.

I remain an agnostic theist. I don't know, but I believe and my belief continues to grow.

This obviously means I won't be able to guide or share with you any experience in non AA type programs, but I wish you best all the same.