View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
TheJungianThing

Well, I think it takes some courage to come in and lay it out like that. I respect and admire you for that JBHere.

I'm agnostic as well, but I am an agnostic theist so spiritual matters don't go up my arse at all, I'm sort of open to anything because - I don't know - you know ?

And so far it's been working for me. I don't know that it is, but I don't know it isn't either. The only thing I do know is that if there is the slight chance there is a God, I'm not him - and neither is alcohol. I worshipped alcohol, it was my God.

So, out of curiousity are you more hurt by mention of a specific deity or deities ? Or is just the notion of "spirituality" in general ? Does "New Age" kind of touchy feely stuff get on your nerves too ? Hindu ? Buddha ?

Early on in my sobriety when I couldn't sleep, I did find that Vedic Chanting sort of provided a nice "white noise" effect that numbed my mind from regrets of the past and fears of the future. Would that offend you ?

Anyway, I respect the boundaries and hope you get what you need from SR and stay sober and enjoy a nice sober, adventurous life. I've found it to be just that and wish it for anyone seeking it.