View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

It sounds as if you are aware, from past experience with your AH that the sobriety is the white knuckling kind and he's headed for relapse. I feel anxious for you just thinking about living like that. I would spend a lot of time here if you are able, and al anon and ask him to pitch in with specific requests, but if he doesn't, just accept having to do it yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh. I spent so long being upset and stressed out that my AH would not help and I like you was beyond overwhelmed (I have 2 kids 6 and under as well!) with life, work etc... It did nothing but make me more stressed to remind myself of all that I was not getting from AH and all that I wished he'd do. That didn't stop me from ranting about it though and people here can attest to that. Saying it here was certainly better than saying it to him, and frankly the only thing that made me less stressed was getting him out and continuing to do most everything on my own but without his anger and tension and judgements and drinking being around it has become a lot easier.

Hang in there.