View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

Anvilhead is right, I am a stay at home dad (due to a bad accident) I try to make sure everybody has what they need each day, but damn, can't you at least put your clothes in the hamper, pick up your wet towels off the floor, and tell me you had to have a catapult built for science class earlier than 9PM before the day it's due.

Chore sheet, make one, it can be an amazing help, point to it as much as necessary, beats the heck out of doing laundry until 2AM or taking the trash out at the truck is rumbling down the road to your house.

It's ok to demand if not "help" then at least some amount of non-sabotage.

Also, once everyone figures out that the world won't end because there are no fresh socks or the favorite shirt is missing a button, or they have to make up some powdered milk because someone forgot to put it on the list, then your life will be much easier.

You are not anyones indentured servant, you are their wife and mother, and a human being that is doing the best she can under a temendous amount of stress.

God bless you superwoman, oh and your cape is ready at the cleaners, maybe someone can pick it up for you....