View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JillGorges87

I need to stop obsessing!!

Okay, well maybe I wont go straight to being obsessive...Haha. However, my husband has one week sober. Here is my issue, he went to two meetings last week and hasn't been back to one since, because "he doesn't need it that much". He has never had any education about AA or any sort of treatment in his life. Most of the reason he is sober right now is because I left and wasnt going to come home if he continued to drink. Well if he isn't working a program he is just dry and not really in recovery.

I know this is none of my business what he chooses to do and every time I start thinking about it I just want to slap myself! Lol. It's been so hard for me to keep my mouth shut too. I want to shake him and tell him to get his ass to a meeting.

I realize why I am thinking all of these things too. 2 years ago when I was pregnant with our daughter I had had it with the drinking. We got in a HUGE fight. He "admitted" (I put that in quotes because he then told me he was just saying what i wanted to hear) that he had a problem. He went to one meeting and he was excited about it. BUT he never went back. He had one month "sober" and just like this time every day he would say that not drinking wasn't hard for him. He started drinking again when I was in the hospital for an emergency surgery for my high risk pregnancy so we didn't loose the baby.

So my fear I suppose is that he really isn't taking this seriously. I realize I need to let it go and work on myself. I am doing that, I'm in school, meeting my needs and my kids, going to alanon, etc. I hate feeling like I am just waiting on another relapse.