View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nel68

Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
This may sound crazy, but I feel so weird not drinking in the evenings...Not so much physically but mentally.... Drinking and smoking at night is my comfort zone....it's where I feel safe....While I know that drinking is NOT safe, for some reason I feel some sort of comfort about my little spot that I would hang out at on my back porch with my beer or glass of wine, my cigarettes and my laptop....It was where I escaped.... Now, I just don't know what to do...I can tell myself to do a thousand things like read a book, play with the kids, clean the house, catch up on my DVR shows, go to the gym, etc...but for some reason I don't feel normal doing those things. I can do them during the day, but at night it feels like like I am missing an old friend or something...and it's sad to say what I am missing out on is the very thing that is destroying me. How can I get past this??? How can I feel normal at night again with out the poison? I feel like I am in mourning or something.
OMG, I was just outside walking my dog and I had the very same feelings! In fact I was thinking to myself how I miss my friend (the drink) Its what I did for so many years, I do miss it but not all the stuff that comes along with it the next day. I to would sit on my deck or down by the fireplace in the evenings and drink and puff away. Daytime no problem the evenings I do get that old yearning of my drinking time...I so know how you feel, I'm glad to see I am not the only one with these feelings. ..We just gotta hang in tough Thanks for sharing