View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I totally remember when I realized I had NO CLUE as to what I liked to do before addiction. I was used to the high-drama life of being a crackhead, and my life seemed totally boring.

I was lucky to see pictures posted by ((Ann)) and it reminded me..oh yeah, I'm nowhere near being a professional photographer, but I did always like taking pictures. I got a simple point-and-shoot camera, started carrying it around with me. I even used it to take pictures of stuff I found to be grateful for..flowers on the side of the road, little baby goats in a field by my house, etc. It's like it gave me a reason to look for things to be grateful for?

Some time later (okay a LOT of time later) someone posted about crafts. Oh yeah, I used to love to do counted-cross-stitch. Have only done one piece in 5 years, but yeah..I totally loved doing it and how the relatives I did it for loved it.

I'm also back in school...at 50 Always did good at it, ruined my nursing career thanks to addiction, but working toward another career. This will be my 3rd associate's degree, first while in recovery.

My point is, I had no clue what I liked. I just read about what others were doing, and something clicked. I've even discovered a few new interests in recovery.

The boredom, the wondering "what do I DO with myself" I think is normal. I'm just grateful to other people posting about the same thing, others posting about what they enjoyed, as it really did help.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy